Funnel marketing is an old concept that has become very popular with the rise of tools like ClickFunnels (and affiliate marketing in general). It’s based on the idea of the sales and/or marketing funnel. Basically, you set up every aspect of your marketing campaigns to direct potential customers down the funnel to make a purchase.
What is Funnel Marketing?
More than anything, practicing funnel marketing just means you’re being intentional about your marketing efforts. Here are just a few of the ways that intentionality manifests itself:
- Content. Instead of writing content because you think it increase your search rankings, you create content designed to speak to prospects at different stages of the buyer’s journey
- Web Design. Instead of designing your website to “look good,” you design it so that visitors naturally end up where you want them to be
- Lead Generation. Instead of focusing solely on blog content, you work to create compelling offers that will entice visitors to give you their contact information
A good funnel marketer is always thinking ten steps ahead to the end game. When they do something, they know why. It’s like building a maze with different incentives to encourage your prospects along the way until they’re ready to buy.
If you’re ready to build your own marketing funnels, here are some articles to get you started:
- The Inbound Marketing Funnel Template
- How to Get More Customers Online with Marketing Funnels
- Do You Need a Free Lead Generation Template?
And if you’re still scratching your head and wondering what a funnel is in the first place…
These articles cover all the basics, from top to bottom. It’ll take you a couple of hours to get through all of the material, but when you’re finished, you’ll be miles ahead of 90% of the competition.
And if you still have some questions after that, feel free to send them my way through the form below: