Digital advertising is one of the best ways to fill your funnel, but you have to spend smart. How do you decide how much should you spend on ads? Whether you’re using Facebook Ads or Google Ads, this ad spend calculator will help you answer that important question.
In fact, you can use it to determine how much to spend on any sort of digital advertising.
Important Numbers to Know
First you have to get your data together. Because before you can determine how much to spend on digital advertising, you need to know how much you should be spending to acquire a customer. To figure out how much to spend, you need to know:
- How much new customers cost
- How much new customers are worth, and
- How much you can afford to spend.
Ad Spend Calculator
This ad spend calculator will help you figure out the answers to those questions so you can make sure you’re not spending too much (or too little) on digital advertising.
Once you’re done with the ad spend calculator and you know how much to spend on ads, it’s time to start improving (or building) your Inbound Sales Funnel!
What If It’s Negative??!
If the suggested amount to spend per acquisition is a negative number, you need to do one of three things:
- figure out a way to get more customers with your current ad spend (e.g., by split testing different ad creative),
- figure out a way to lower the amount your spending per customer (e..g, by lowering overhead), or
- decide to make do with less profit.
Whatever the case may be, don’t get discouraged. The important thing is that you’re actually crunching the numbers to make smart business decisions.
There are plenty of ways to succeed in business, as long as you’re paying attention. The key is to make sure you don’t go broke before you figure it out!