Once you understand the lead generation concepts behind marketing funnels, the hardest part is determining what your funnel should look like. Fortunately, there are a lot of great funnel mapping software options that allow you to visualize your funnel before you invest a lot of time and money in development.
What is Funnel Mapping?
Think of a funnel map as a treasure map for your leads. But you have to help them get to the “X” without showing them the map.
Your funnel map should diagram your sales process from start to finish in some form or fashion. It doesn’t need to be any more or less detailed than is helpful to you.
You plot out each element of your sales funnel:
- Traffic Source: How are you going to get people into your funnel?
- Website Content: Are you going to send them to a blog post?
- Landing Page: How are you going to convince them to download your offer?
- Offer: What compelling, valuable offer can you make to get your visitor’s contact information?
- Thank You Page: How will you continue to draw them down the funnel with your Thank You Page?
- Confirmation Email: What will you do to maximize the value your lead gets out of your confirmation email?
- Follow-Up Email: How will you follow up to continue your lead’s progress through the buyer’s journey?
- Remarketing: What messaging will you deliver as you continue to guide your lead through the sales process?
Here’s a template you can print out if you’d like to sketch your funnels out on paper before you go digital:
Once you’ve printed it out, just fill in the blanks.
Mapping out your funnels like this will make your sales process more effective and increase your ROI. And funnel mapping software will make that process more manageable.
Funnel mapping is also a great way to get unstuck when you’re trying to start a new campaign.
Funnels have so many moving parts, just getting started can seem like a tall task. By mapping everything out in the beginning, you’ll be able to break the campaign down into more manageable parts.
Free Funnel Mapping Software
You don’t need to open your wallet for good funnel mapping software. There are plenty of great funnel mapping tools available at no charge. Here are three free options that I can recommend:
The Simple Option
If you’re looking for the simplest option, try Google Drawings. Here’s an example of what you can create with this free tool from Google:
You can find a Google Drawing version of the template I shared above to get you started if you want to use Google Drawings here: Google Drawings Funnel Template.
Advanced Funnel Mapping Software
If you want to use something advanced (but still free), my favorite option is Funnelytics.
It looks great. It’s smooth, drag-and-drop editor makes it a lot of fun to map out your funnels. Here’s a peek:
As you can see from the screenshot, they’ve also got a lot of templates, but they’ll cost you…
But don’t worry!
Free Funnel Mapping Template
If you want a free template, you’re in luck! You can get use Google Drawings for all your funnel mapping needs with one of the two free templates I’ve created:
- Single Funnel Template (this is the one I showed you earlier in this article)
- Side-by-Side Buyer’s Journey Template (this is the one shown below)
Just click “File” and “Make a copy” to get your own version that you can edit as you see fit.
And if you need a website template, I’ve got you covered there too. Get my free lead generation template and you’ll be on your way! (Or, if you’re not a fan of coding, try my simple, drag-and-drop website & funnel builder: KINGPIN Sales Funnel Software.)